My name is Estrella. I’m from Mazatlán and i came here to improve my English since my first language is Spanish but i also know a little bit of French. All my life I've been in Mexico, so this is a big change for me. It's cold here, this is winter in Mazatlán so I'm always freezing. I’m still adapting, i apologize if i speak in Spanish sometimes i want to answer in English, but my brain starts talking automatically in Spanish. I answer slowly because I want to say it well and it takes me time, my world used to be all in Spanish but I want to learn and that is why I am here.

Do you have any passions/hobbies? I like to go the beach and spend my time learning languages.
What sports do you like/play? I like all sports, but i like to play soccer with my friends on my free time.
What music groups or musicians do you listen to:  Adele, Rihanna, Pink, Shakira and Mexican music.
Name several of your favorite films? Instructions not included, 50 First Dates, Leon: The Professional, Little mermaid, The Hunger Games.
Name several of your favorite books/writers? Diego Ojeda.
What subjects (ideas, topics, materials, disciplines) interest you? Languages and all about Airplanes.
What inspires you? My Family and my friends inspire me everyday. They give me strength and knowledge to meet my goals
.
               
My short-term goal is to improve in English although i have improved since i arrived but there are many things to learn. I’ve been learning how to pronounce words correctly, my vocabulary has improved. I’m  taking American Sign Language, my grandfather is deaf, but he don’t do signs instead he read lips, he knows a little bit and i though it will be nice if i learn sign and teach him. I’m also taking cross training i will be helping my grandfather with the hay bales next year and i don’t want to quit. My long-term goal is to become a pilot, that's why I studied to become a flight attendant, my teachers shared their experiences and their knowledge about aviation and I fell in love. I know that it’s hard to become a pilot it takes dedication and wisdom but i will achieve my goal.



Comments